Sunday, January 27, 2013

January's a Tough Month to Lose Pounds

Born Thin. Born Big. Born Small. Born Whatever. Love Your Size. Most Women Don't, Thin or Not.

January 1: Here we go again. It’s that day when everybody makes New Year’s resolution. I’m not a snob, but I don’t make resolutions. I set goals, and my goal this year is to lose at least 120 pounds by December 31. It would be great if I lose more, but I will settle for 60 by my July 23 birthday and 60 more by Dec. 31.. My new eating habits of more vegetables, fewer carbs and  meat the size of a deck of cards are going to work. To date I’ve lost fifty pounds and am struggling to keep losing. Losing weight is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Losing weight is like going celibate when you’re single and surrounded by gorgeous hunks.

            I’m thinking that the weight has already melted off. I took a course in the Dynamics of Goal Setting some years ago, and learned that you convince yourself that it has already happened. That works because there’s none of these failure thoughts to sabotage positive thinking. When New Year’s ends, I won’t be a pitfall because belief is one-half of the proposition. If it’s already done, and you believe, those old sabotages won’t have a place to fester. You’ll going full bore with positive thinking and action. There’s nothing worse than telling yourself, “I might as well have that chocolate pie because I’m never going to lose this weight. Rather, I’d like to say, “I’m skipping the pie because it’s a diarrhea culprit.

            I remember to put my goals in positive wording as I was taught in Self-Talk seminars where we learned that thousands of negative thoughts go through our minds and mouths every day, most of which were programmed since toddler hood. That’s why goal setting is important, but I know if I don’t write those goals properly, they are not likely to be successful. What’s written on paper is written in my brain space. It’s more powerful to write positive stuff to knock out that impromptu negative speak or thought. Off to a great year. I will survive the weight war – if I live. And I will not toast the New Year with champagne. Just kidding. I don’t drink alcohol.

            My goals for 2013 are the same as it was in 2008: Give up candy, especially chocolate; cookies. Target emotional eating through meditation, recreational and relaxation techniques, some of which I’ve written about in this journal. Call a friend or my mother, the weight-loss guru that is never ever going to be fat again. Not that she ever was from my perspective; she thought she was -- however. She used to binge on sugary stuff like me, but she says it made her sick one time to many. And she doesn’t touch the poison. Give up overeating. All I have to do is watch my husband who eats all the time but now he’s eating regularly with more vegetables and fruits because of a long-standing bowel disorder. It used to stuff me just to watch him. Now it would shame me to eat more than he. 

            I’m making good progress on the overeating part. My acid reflux is a big assist to deny myself large portions of food. I have no need or will to get sick, so I don’t overeat. I eat several small meals, vegetables, sweet baby carrots and half a corn on the cob. That nasty bowel disorder that’s aggravated by rich, chocolate, and other disagreeable food potions have forced me to choose between feeling better and not letting unfulfilled writing hours be spent in the bathroom because I chose to eat junk that’s killing me in too many ways.

            I will drink a lot of water – gallons a day. I am succeeding with this one. I keep a bottle of water on my kitchen table at all times. That reminds me to drink often.

                                                  Hypnotize Me, Please

January 2: I’d love to find another great hypnotist. When I lived in South Florida, a seventy-year-old hypnotist gave me the suggestion to lose weight. “You will eat only what you need to stay healthy. You will avoid all sugary foods,” he said at the start of the hypnotism. I was programmed not to eat fatty foods, to hate chocolate and other high-calorie goodies. The hypnosis worked for six years. Forty pounds stayed off until depression struck me for the first time. Then I started eating because I was depressed, eating because I felt bad, and eating for whatever reason I dreamed up. And, of course, chocolate reduced the depression. Now I choose anti-depressants though they’re no cure-all when the stress and anxiety piles up, so meditation works. Mantra: “I’ll remain calm and relaxed at all times.” Or when I’m doing self-hypnosis for weight loss, I use this one. “I will eat only what makes me healthy. I will skip the sugary shit because it’ll mess up my bowels.”

                                                Fat’s Never Funny

January 3: I hate fat jokes – mostly. Monique, a comedian of the full figure persuasion, made fortune trumpeting fat girls because she lost weight and got greater fame.. She even had a beauty contest for these ladies. She is funny and I don’t know whether people laugh just because she is funny, because she's making a difference in the fat war, or because people enjoy laughing at fat people. I know people laugh at fat folk; that’s for sure. Every time I see Monique on television I feel proud that she is not promoting thinness, so I’m conflicted about the issues, and I know that obesity kills. (And I wanted to be around for my child) In those fat days of hers, we were of similar size, which is why I took no pleasure in getting sucked too deeply into Monique’s brand of comedy. But the woman is good, and I love comedy so it’s hard to resist her jokes. I get belly-aching laughter from her fat jokes – my own shame. Then I feel guilty. I just wish I could be as blithe as she about being fat. Bless her heart, but I am high risk for a stroke and a heart attack, and I nearly died from a massive blood clot surrounded by multiple smaller clots on April 19, 2012. I have to keep working to get off the weight, or I won’t live to laugh at any body’s jokes. I love comedy, too. My goal of three laughs a day is going well except on day when I’m severely depressed. Laughter beats feeding chocolate to a bad stomach reaching to irritable bowels.

            I never thought it was funny being fat even when I was much thinner. I’m like my daughter; I don’t even care to see movies that belittle heavy people: Martin Lawrence and Eddie Murphy movies. My husband sits there and cracks up when they dress up as morbidly obese women in their comedies, but I’m an old grouch.  I remember when Rosie O’Donnell referred to Star Jones as a fatty, even though Star had lost all that excess fat. This kind of ridicule stopped me from eating in public. When I was much younger I didn’t eat large portions of food in public because I imagined people saying, “That’s why she’s so fat.” At home my brothers used to tease me to get the extra biscuit off my plate. I cried back then, but it’s too bad they couldn’t have spied on me and deterred me forever.

                                                The Poetry Pick Up

January 4: Today is poetry day, and I’m writing my heart out, turning out the worse stuff imaginable. I’m being facetious. It isn’t stellar verse right now because it must go through ninety thousand revisions. I’m being facetious again. But many revisions must be done before my poetry is finished. When I tire of writing, I grab a stack of poetry books by other writers and read. I started with Robert Hayden, a 20th century African-American poet first. Then it was on to Gwendolyn Brooks, Maya Angelou, Adrienne Rich, Audre Lorde, and Edna St. Vincent Millay.

Poetry is like reading a postcard on living, and it is as beautiful as relics in a museum. It makes fireworks go off. It’s like a cookie cutter at Christmas, and it ushers in feelings of nature, love, freedom, family, faith, dreams, and courage. Poems make me laugh or weep. One of the biggest problems with poetry is that much of it doesn’t deal with the ugly side of life, although that is bountiful. That voice appears to be stifled, or it’s gone underground. I read somewhere that tears have tears and poems wipe them off, but if the bad things don’t exist, why the tears? Ugly disappeared without a whimper. Such a pity there is no ugly in most poetry because that would bring the whole truth in a world full of ugliness. There is no beauty without ugly, and I remember that when I write poems because that adds more beauty to poetic life.

My evening is so full I had no time to think about food. When I finished my readings, I again took pen in hand and penned my own poems – one about prison and the other about Heaven, the ugly and the beautiful.

                                    Eating Biblical Words

January 5: Bible reading night. I love to read the Bible; my mother and grandmother instilled that in me. My grandmother used to sit on her front porch until the mosquitoes called, and then she’d slip inside for an evening of scripture reading. My mother reads the Bible every day, too, and has since I was a child. I read for spiritual reasons, but I also read for abstinence, abstinence from fattening foods.

My favorite chapter is Psalms, and there are verses that I know verbatim. Psalms 23rd, 69, 70, 71, & 23rd. When I’m done with Psalms, I go on to Proverbs – most chapters there I read are about women. I’ve often heard women complain about all of the negative things in the Bible about women. Well, I’ve found that Proverbs 3:15, 8:1 and 14:1 are positive things about women. “She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou cannot desire are to be compared to her” (Proverbs 3:15)

                                                            The Winner Is Omission

January 6: The Great Omission: I’m now obsessed with the loss of chocolate. The more I think about it, the more desperate I become. I panic because I’m not sure I’ll succeed in quitting this poison. I think about it all the time. Will I be able to rid it from my system, take its sweet taste from my lips, and smother its alluring aroma.

            Well, there’s that sugar-free chocolate and other sugar-free products that give you diarrhea if you eat too much. If you binge on regular chocolate or sweets, how in the world can you avoid doing it with these chemically sweetened things. Besides, I’m not enamored about spending an evening in the bathroom because of love for a sinful indulgence.

            We’ll see how long it takes to recover from chocolate addiction. It’s only one I have left. It’s been my favorite binge food for decades with a three-year hiatus. Before then I ate it on and off. I dread this transformation. It hurts already. Hold that Brownie.

                                                            Will Power Isn’t at Fault

January 7: Will power: I don’t know about anybody else, but this big word isn’t the most important to an emotional eater. Getting rid of the bad emotion is more important because of psychological needs trump this thing called will power. Today, I admitted that I was in charge of what I eat. I admit that I have the power to choose what I eat as long as my emotions are in check. I have an emergency need to keep my emotions balanced because I’m not willing to die from overeating. I’m counting on my anti-depressants to work over time.

                                                Bleakness Bites My Butt

January 8: The world looks bleak to me. I didn’t feel like getting up, showering, eating, or writing. My pain is kicking my butt, and I’m struggling not to become an addict, or else I’d take a ton of pain medication. The worst part about this is that you build up a tolerance, and it takes increasingly more to keep the pain under control. My doctor says she doesn’t want to make a drug addict out of me. I don’t want to be one either. I think about conservative talk show host Russ Limbaugh and Green Bay Packer great Brett Favre and millions of others who find themselves hooked on legal drugs for uncontrollable pain. Regardless of all this, pain makes it harder for me to walk and function normally as all those people I see walking in parking lots at grocery stores while I sit in the car waiting for my husband to shop. Pain makes my emotions get out of control, and it raises my frustration as I struggle with pain and bingeing because of that and emotional issues.

                                                Rejections Are Beneficial

January 9: The rejection letters have stopped, and I’m disappointed. I’m lonely without having those letters telling me that I don’t have what publishers or agents are looking for. The more they reject my work, the more convinced I am that readers would benefit from it. Poetry publishers have often been unable to articulate what they want or need, but they say this: “We know it when we see it.” Reading and writing poems, for me, are like eating a gallon of French Vanilla ice cream. I’ve often thought that other heavy people could get into poetry reading, and I truly believe it would distract them from eating junk between meals. Feasting on poetry is like bitting into a Godiva chocolate bar, the richest that I’ve ever tasted, and sitting in a purple-watered Jacuzzi. Or how about consuming love poems and love stories – an antidote for readers who crave mood food. Love or myself – that’s what weight loss is all about. Some of love stories and poems weigh in on weight loss issues – some of which I journal. A lifetime of weight roll over from fat to thin and from fat to obese is a “tough row to hoe,” as Southern farmers used to say.

                                                Depression Beats Me

January 10: I admit that I am powerful over my choice of food: For the next thirty days, I am going to use some repetition therapy to drill one point into my head. I must believe it to accept it as gospel and worthy.

            I was so depressed that I went to bed with Poets and Writers to keep from crying all day. It was an awful day partly because I had been off anti-depressants for two weeks. I gave my medication money to my daughter to keep her from getting kicked out doors. Actually, I was short of the med money, so I figured why not. Ordinarily, I would’ve borrowed enough to make up the difference.

                                                A Scary Day at the Hospital

January 11: I admit that I’m powerful over my choice of food. I am powerful over my choice of food. I AM powerful over my choice of food. Yes, I am going to wrap my head around this. Writing gives me the tool.

            For over a week, I was nerved out over that planned trip to the hospital to have an upper GI endoscopy, meaning they put a camera down the esophagus to view the gastrointestinal system. In my case, the doctor wanted to look at a benign growth or polyp, as they call it. He wanted to see if it had grown any since August. I was unnerved because I hadn’t forgotten the pain of the previous procedure, and I hadn’t forgotten the three days of not being able to swallow without pain.

            At the hospital, I was so nervous that I could barely answer the medical or medication question. At times I zoned out, and they had to ask the same questions more than once. “Are you all right? You look as if you’ve gone into another world,” the one nurse said. She was right. I was trying to put myself in a comfort zone so I wouldn’t think about the misery I’d soon be under. As it turned out, the doctor decided that I needed more anesthesia so I wouldn’t wake up in the middle of the procedure as I had previously. This time I slept right through it. But the worst was yet to come.

            I forced myself to eat small pieces of chicken and to drink apple juice that night. Boy, did it hurt my throat. I then gargled with tepid salt water and drank nearly hot tea for most of the evening. Nothing worked. In the middle of the night, I got up to gargle often. The upshot of the ordeal was that I wasn’t able to eat too many calories. I had completely lost my appetite.

            He said I would have to repeat the test in a year. Since my regular doctor, he, and another GI guy agreed that I shouldn’t have surgery unless it was a matter of life and death, they decided that they should simply monitor the polyp. They wanted to make sure it didn’t get any bigger. I wanted it out because I was already tired of fighting that along with the gastric reflux that keeps me from eating normal foods. At that time most fruits and some vegetables I couldn’t tolerate. That wreaks havoc on my food maintenance program because I generally substitute fruit for those high caloric sweets that I binge on when I’m depressed. Luckily, I had no comfort foods in the house, or I might’ve blown it and binged to feel better. Depression and binge eating stymie eating right and keeping food consumption in check. That’s probably why depression and bioplar – the twin affliction of depression and mania – are reportedly contributing to the obesity crisis in America. That’s according to studies as reported by the National Institutes of Health. I’d known that all along, and I was elated to know that it wasn’t entirely my fault that I binge. The upshot of this is that I have to keep my bipolar illness in check and stay on my medication to accomplish that. 

                                                Toleration is a Friend

January 12: I admit that I’m powerful over my choice of food. Today, I ate a bowl of soup and a bagel. That’s all I could tolerate. Not good eating for a person on a food maintenance program. I’m not hungry because my throat is still killing me. It’s a shame that it takes away my appetite. On the other hand, I’m not unhappy about it. At least, I won’t gain any weight this week.

                                                Power Is Everything

January 13: I admit that I’m powerful over my choice of food. Today is a good day because I ate sensible with my meat, vegetable, starch, and fruit. I didn’t even crave dessert. I didn’t even have a depressed moments either.

                                                             Good News? Really?

January 14: I admit that I’m powerful over my choice of food. I’ve done very well by eating right and not bingeing on any bad foods. I deserve to pat myself on the back.

January 15: I admit that I’m powerful over my choice of food. I’ve done a poor job today because I ate two muffins at dinner and some Doritos. I thought I would die when guilt was painted like brown on Uncle Ben’s. I promise to redeem myself tomorrow. When I go to that doctor, if I’ve gained I’m going to shoot myself. If I lose, I’m going to shout.

            I joined Diettalk chat room today for much-needed support with my insidious problem. I’m not doing too well. It’s a lonely world out here, and I’m not mobile enough to join an away weight loss program. So I’m going to rely on the internet for support. It will be good to learn if they struggle as much as me. I feel so bad because I cannot seem to work this bingeing thing out. I went to a therapist once, and the first thing out of her mouth was, “Have you tried Weight Watchers?” Yes, but it didn’t stop me from cheating and bingeing. It’s an emotional eating problem, and I’m fighting it with all I’ve got. I’m going to lick this problem before this year is out. Watch me.

                                                A Backward Dilemma

January 16: I admit that I’m powerful over my choice of food. I went to the doctor today and found out I had lost five pounds. What a victory? And I went and ruined it by buying and eating two large scoops of chocolate ice cream. I told myself that I deserved a reward for working so hard. It was the stinking thinking. My brain must be on crack. It acts like it anyway though I’ve never even tried marijuana let alone crack.

            I didn’t take time to shout because I was busy buying ice cream. My husband was with me, but he never said a word. He’s not the type to chastise me or even to gently nudge me. Sometimes, he’s part of the problem because he’s always tempting me by eating bad foods himself. I used to eat almost as much as he eats, but I’ve progressed to eating a third of what I used to eat. Thanks God for that. I’m pleased with myself, although I still mess up sometimes.

            I’m not going to mess around anymore. I will not buy any poison at the grocery store or anywhere else. I promise.

                                                Words for Weight War

January 17: Write myself thin. It’s been twenty-seven years, and I’m still fat. It’s not from a lack of trying. I am motivated to eat right, but the exercising is a huge problem because of my arthritis knees and all over pain in my body. My knees kill me from just walking. Doc wants me to bear the pain, but I’m sick of being fat, which means that I want pain pills to help me feel better. That would allow me to get in some exercise time. Before my pain increased, I used to walk a lot and did floor exercises. Now my knee joints move around involuntarily. She says it is excess water and inflammation. I don’t care what it’s called as long as I am rid of this excruciating pain. I also can feel it moving in abnormal ways when I bend or exercise. It’s the strangest. The doctor says it is water on my knee and inflammation that causes it. Water exercises would help if I could afford to pay for pool use, and if I wasn’t embarrassed to wear a bathing suit out there with all those thin women. I’m grateful to God that things are no worse than they are.

                                                That Swift Kick Is Great

January 18: A horrific cold is kicking my butt. One good thing about it is that I’ve lost my appetite. That’s good and bad. It’s bad because I need nutrition to live and fight a cold. It’s bad because I’m a diabetic and I have to eat and take insulin. It’s good because I don’t have to fight the urge to keep bad food poundage off my behind. I’m writing myself thin. The more I write, the more I realize what I’m doing wrong. Writing makes me focus on the right things and provides with solutions to this madness. Some days, I have to write in a notebook because I don’t feel well enough to get on the computer. But I write, nevertheless.

                                    Hanging Out with Fruits and Veggies

January 19: The month is over half gone, and I’m still struggling with my eating patterns. Eat four small meals a day. That is difficult because we don’t cook more than once a day. It takes some sharp planning to make those small meals available. I’m doing better with desert and between meal snacks. Eat fruit for dessert. Eat carrots and celery for between meal snacks. They are my friends, and I’d better hold that thought.

                                                Feeling Purple Is Hell

January 20: I will forge ahead with my eating pattern. I will follow the ritual to the end. Struggle should never be part of a weight loss program. But we are human, and we’re likely to step outside of the program parameters. That would be bad news. As I’ve said before, the emotional eating program is a bigger issue than will power. I truly believe that. And to prove it to myself, I kept a journal of how will power worked when I was not having emotional blows in my life. During emotional lows, will power went right out the window. I couldn’t believe it at first, so I continued testing myself until it made me a believer. Now I know how to be extra cautious when I am feeling a little purple. I make sure there are no guilt foods around the house. If my husband brings them in, I keep preoccupied so that I’m not tempted. It’s the Brownies and the potato chips that are his favorite comfort foods. Mine is chocolate ice cream, but he won’t bring that in because he doesn’t like ice cream in the winter time. Me? I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner in fall, spring, summer, and winter. That’s dangerous stuff.

                                                Limitations Don’t Rule Self-Confidence

January 20: Today, I have to deal with self-confidence. I try hard to always feel good about myself and to have confidence in what I can do. That’s tough because there are so many limitations on what I can achieve in my life now. With health problems, we have to have confidence that we are doing the best we can. That’s a sharp difference in what had occurred in my younger years. I didn’t have to put parameters on what to believe about myself. I have to remind myself that I can only credit myself with what I can do and not what I wish I could still do.

                                                Traveling Toes Are Spiritual Ones

January 21: It isn’t about will power; it’s about inspirational power. I reach deep inside myself to bring out my inner spirit to inspire me to eat what’s good for me. I’m not worried about how much will power I have. I know that inspiration and spirituality will get me through the day. I dream of being a thinner woman. I must get there before I die. This life is bitter with all the pounds weighing me down. Why, oh, why did I eat so much. I’m looking at a baby on TV and I wonder if weight will become a problem for him before he’s an adult. I had a weight problem long before I became an adult, and I knows I didn’t decide to eat myself fat. The world wasn’t built in a day, and losing weight takes more time than I have left. I think that every day, hoping that it will rev up my spirit to work harder and to yield not to temptation less.

                                                            Spirituality Brings Solace

January 22: I don’t weigh myself until I go to the doctor, which is about every two or three months. Then I can pretend that I’m not gaining weight and be surprised when I learn that I’ve lost, and I scream if I’ve gained. If I weighed every week, I might get too frustrated about a lack of loss and eat more because of it. I’ve gone through December with a ten pound weight gain, and I had Christmas and New Year’s. It’s time to weigh in to determine if I really have lost. If I’ve gained, I don’t know what I’ll do next. Cry. Beat myself up. Scream. Jump right back into to the weight program, and call on my spiritual self to bring me solace.

                                                Fat Didn’t Jump Up and Bite Me

January 23: I know I must be patient with myself because fat didn’t show up in a flash. There are years of layers stuck on my body, and it may take a year to get some of it off. I dream that it would all melt off in a year, and I pray it does now that I am trying harder. My exercise program is lagging behind my eating because pain in my knees and back worsen when I walk. The most I can do is floor exercises, and that doesn’t get my heart rate up enough. Maybe when I lose more weight, I’ll have less pressure on my joints and my back. Then exercise won’t be as painful. I can only hope.

                                                Brownie’s Trap is Rotten

January 24: I’m not crying in my milk. I am going to laugh all the way to those scales at my doctor’s office. That’s what I thought until I realized that I had laughed too soon. The scale showed a no-gain, and I was broken. That was the absolute worst thing that could happen aside from having gained a pound or more. I’ve eaten too many Brownies. But I am counting the days that I’ve beaten the Brownie urge. I love myself when I’m losing, and I hate my ass when I’m gaining.

                                                Too Bad Birds Don’t Talk

January 25: I saw a redbird today, and it was the first time in twenty years that I’d seen one. He was gorgeous. He represents the freedom I will feel when I’ve lost all of the excess weight. When I’m done, I’ll remember him. The bird represents my native state of North Carolina, and I didn’t think I’d ever see one in Wisconsin. It just shows you that I’m not a bird watcher. He looked at me, and I stared right back until he flew off the railing of my balcony.

            I tried to imagine what he might’ve said to me. Would he say, “You’re fat,” like little kids do. Or would he have cheered for me because I’ve tried so hard. I write this willfully, and I appear naked in my thoughts. Whether it makes sense or not depends, I’m not entirely sure at this moment of weakness.

                                                Feeling Good is a Good Thing

January 26: I’m feeling good about myself. My self-confidence is at an all-time high today. It is time for all good dieters to jump up and shout not just for the pounds, but for the concerted effort. I’m celebrating the change of my eating pattern for eating is important to achieve the ultimate prize. I see me as a thin person already.

            I want to live high on the mountain with all those thin people dancing around. When I pull this off, it’ll be the greatest thing I’ve ever done. Whoopie. I’m not about to lose anything but fat.

                                                Rip Van Winkle Didn’t Get Fat

January 27: Time stood still while I gained weight, it seemed. I know it didn’t but why wasn’t I looking? We all know how important an additional pound is to a heavy person. Every pound is like fifty pounds because if we live long enough we’ll get there. The years past, and the pounds accumulate. It’s as if we were Rip Van Winkle, and we gained weight while we slept. Actually, we eat through the years, and the pounds climb minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, month by month, and year by year. When we arrive at our current weight, we’re shocked. I’ve always been surprised with every new pound as if I’d been eating carrots and celery all the time.

                                                            Boobs, Please Don’t Go

January 28: I stare in the mirror at my breasts and wonder what size they’ll be when I’m thinner. Will I go from a “D” cup to a “C” cup, or will I remain a “D” cup, which I’ve worn for more than twenty years. One time Oprah did a bra fitting show, and I went out and bought a “DD” cup and it fit well. I refused to wear it, and kept wearing my “D” cup because it felt comfortable enough. I just couldn’t bear the thought of walking around with “DD” boobs. Now I can’t imagine being a “C” cup but I would not hesitate to put one on and smile. But deep down inside, I’d rather keep them big.

                                                Old Clothes an Inspiration

January 29: Those old clothes in my closet are still new because they’ve had so little wearing time. Shortly after renewing my wardrobe years ago, I had a rapid weight gain from drinking and eating too much rich food while partying with my husband to be. I gained forty pounds in six months but refused to let go of the clothes. I bought clothes until I could no longer afford them. Then I went to stretch pants and sweat shirts.

Once I went to a woman’s seminar where the speaker said we should get rid of those old clothes because they’d never fit again. “Get rid of those old clothes; you’ll never be that size again,” she said. Oh, hell no. I’m never going to concede that. Getting rid of those clothes would be like giving up on my biggest hurdle.

            My daughter said these clothes will be out of style by the time I lose the weight. Not hardly. Every outfit in my closet looks like something I’ve seen people wear now. I never bought clothes based on fads. To prove my point about the clothes not going out of style, I’ve worn old outfits and have had people compliment me on them. Sometimes they even ask where I bought them from. That’s tacky to ask, but I’m happy to answer that I’ve had it for years.

            Hell no. I’m keeping my old clothes because I will wear them again. In fact, I have a brand new outfit that I’ve never worn. I bought it too small several years ago to motivate and inspire me. I’m going to wear that nice periwinkle dress with the long jacket before the year is out. I promise you, dear journal.

                                                Reminder of Thinner Days

January 30: How did I wind up here: Sometimes. I look in the mirror and think the fat came while I slept. I can barely remember thinner days. Every new year I’ve told the same lie. “I’m going to get fit this year.” Well, this time I already see myself as thin. “You have to see it to believe it to achieve it,” as some wise person said. I am now setting a goal of eight pounds a month. 

                                                Healthy through Words

January 31: The month ends with improvement. I’ve not eaten any Brownies since New Year’s Day. I’m following a good-eating routine, and have not overeaten or binged all month. I stay busy writing, reading, sitting with a heating pad to keep the pain down, or I meditate. I’m not big on cleaning because it’s difficult for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment